Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Quiz!

I found this Christmas quiz on Everything According to Erin , and thought it would be fun to fill it out! :) I love quizzes, haha!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Eggnog! Sometimes I put a little bit of Bacardi rum in it--yum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Presents are ALWAYS wrapped! Even if they are big boxes, "Santa" wraps them in something, at least!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white lights better and that is what we have on our house. Most of the neighborhood has gone Christmas-crazy with tons of colored lights...to each their own..:)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Hmm, now that I think about--no! Never have!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Haha, depends on what kind of year it is and how busy we are! This year, some of us in my family have been under the weather, so our house is slowly but surely getting decorated!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oooh..Christmas cookies? Haha! That's totally not a holiday dish, but whateve--it's my favorite!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, the Christmas that my Grandpa built me a dollhouse was pretty awesome! :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I've always been a night owl, even as a little kid, and one Christmas I was really wound up and not at all tired. I think I was about 8 or 9 years old, maybe? I decided to stay up until midnight to see if I could hear Santa's sleigh bells and reindeer. Well, midnight rolled around and I waited...listened..not a sound! And just like that I decided Santa wasn't real, rolled over, and went to sleep! Haha...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We never opened gifts on Christmas Eve that I can remember, but a few years ago, we did open some of our gifts on Christmas Eve because we were going to be traveling on Christmas Day. But that's not usually the norm..

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots and lots of ornaments! I LOVE putting up our favorite ornaments every year!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Oh snow..I absolutely love it if it is enough to close schools! I practically live for snow days December-February, haha. My teacher friends and I obsessively stalk the news, school websites, email, Facebook, etc. if there is even a hint of snow! But if school is open...ugh..snow is annoying.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I took an ice skating class last year and it was really fun! Considering a good number of other adults in the class had literally NEVER been on ice-skates (for real??!?), I was considered one of the better students because I could stay upright. I learn how to glide, stop, fall, turn around, skate backwards (sloooowly!) and a few other little tricks. It was a fun class!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh, besides the previously mentioned dollhouse, one of my favorite gifts was a totally awesome Cabbage Patch Doll. She was so cool because you could style her hair! That Christmas, I wanted that doll SO bad and after I opened all of my gifts at my parents house, I was a little sad that I hadn't gotten her. The next day, we went to my grandparents house to celebrate and I was soooo happy to open my gifts and see that Cabbage Patch Doll I wanted so badly! :)

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cinnamon Rolls--I can almost smell them just thinking about it! I want one really bad now, haha.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve dinner--we order or make Chinese food--yum!

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Both! I love getting gifts, but I also love picking them out too! And I LOVE wrapping them! After I spent a summer in college working at a toy store that also did gift wrapping, it became a favorite of mine!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? I used to LOVE candy canes before I developed different food allergies. Sad! :( 

20. Favorite Christmas show? Favorite Christmas movie is a tie between Love Actually and Home Alone. And National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Love them all!

21. Saddest Christmas song? 
Oh hands down, "When Christmas Comes to Town" from The Polar Express.
I'm wishing on a star
And trying to believe
That even though it's far
He'll find me Christmas Eve

I guess that Santa's busy
Cause he's never come around
I think of him
When Christmas Comes to Town

The best time of the year
When everyone comes home
With all this Christmas cheer
It's hard to be alone

Putting up the Christmas tree
With friends who come around
It's so much fun
When Christmas Comes to Town

Presents for the children
Wrapped in red and green
All the things I've heard about
But never really seen

No one will be sleeping on
The night of Christmas Eve
Hoping Santa's on his way

When Santa's sleigh bells ring
I listen all around
The herald angels sing
I never hear a sound

When all the dreams of children
Once lost will all be found
That's all I want 
When Christmas Comes to Town

That's all I want
When Christmas Comes to Town

I love this movie and watch it at least once a year. I usually show it during my class Winter Holiday Party and this song is usually the part that everyone gets a little sniffly!

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song? "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree", "O Christmas Tree" and about 500 others!

0 comments:

Post a Comment