Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kids are funny....

The past few weeks since we have returned to school from Winter Break have been full of hilarious/ridiculous moments in my classroom! Here are a few of my favorite examples (some of these are from today alone!):

- Overheard last Friday 
   Girl 1: "What are you doing this weekend?"
   Girl 2: "I'm not really sure, but I think I might write a vampire novel.."

Haha! Well, I do love her ambition! :)


- Having to ask the class, "Who wrote 'Peanut Butter Jelly Time' on our Learning Objective poster?"

- Having to answer the question from a student: "Am I allowed to meditate in the classroom?" without laughing!

- Having this class discussion
My instructional assistant: "What would be a good type of fabric to wear in cold weather? I'll give you a hint, it starts with the letter F."  Student: "Feathers?" 

HAHAHA! Um, that is not even a type of fabric and who wears feathers

(My assistant and I were trying to get them to think about FLEECE, since many of them still insist on wearing t-shirts even though it is FREEZING outside! The wind chill has been below 30 degrees all week! Ugh!)

--- Helping a student clean out his desk and finding an assignment from the THIRD week of school that all along he insisted he had already turned in and that I had "lost" it. 


--- Trying to explain to the kids why we weren't taking the Bolt Bus (a charter bus company) for our field trip into DC tomorrow (only about a 20-30 minute ride), and one kid said "Aw man, no free Wi-Fi!"  Seriously, who are these kids?? Hahaha! 

That's when I had to break the news that there would be NO electronics on the bus anyway so it didn't matter that there wouldn't be free Wi-Fi...

-- At the end of the day today, one student said "I'm SO glad today is Friday!" And two others said, "Yeah, me too!!" That's when I had to remind them that today was, in fact, Thursday....I do hate having to be the bearer of bad news! :( 


My kiddos certainly make life interesting! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment