This past weekend was a busy one...I was able to:
- finish my work for two professional development online classes I took this semester! Yea! I didn't love having to do work on a Friday night, but it is nice to have those classes done and I got really good feedback from my facilitators.. :-D
- watch several episodes of the first season of Downton Abbey! I LOVE this show! I don't know how I possibly missed it when it first came out, but once I started hearing about how good it is, I had to watch it! So now I'm done with Season 1 and ready to watch Season 2 on DVD....
- hang out with my friends Kim and Meghan on Saturday night....I love these girls so much! Kim is going to be working overseas this summer and we decided to organize a trip to France after Kim's project is done!
- Sooo, Saturday night, we planned our trip to France..in a bar...complete with notebooks, iteraries, etc. Haha! Classy, I know! ;) After awhile, we did progress to a nearby Barnes and Noble when it started to get really noisy in the bar...and then sat in the Starbucks cafe while looking at travel books for free, haha....) I'm SO excited!
- grade about 200 papers, quizzes, and projects, and then inputting the report card grades.... grades...whew! It took forever, but that's okay, because I also got to see
THE HUNGER GAMES!
I'm SO glad I went to see it and I really liked it! It's obviously different from the book and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might not have seen it yet or hasn't read the books. But I thought the acting was superb and I just loved seeing it! If you haven't read the books, I HIGHLY recommend them. But start reading them when you have a good chunk of time because you will likely not be able to put them down! Well, maybe that's just me, but I'm one of those people who will read until way past my bedtime if it's a really good book. The movie is also fantastic but I would read the books first and then see it! Just my thoughts.... :)