Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break Mode...

Well, I am currently in full-force Spring Break mode and after a busy (and fun!) weekend, I have been a little lazy today....(Side note: I really feel bad for my family, friends and anyone else who might not have a spring break and I certainly don't want to rub it in! I do know I am quite lucky to be given this time off!)

So far, my Spring Break has been really fun! Last year, I went on a cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, but this year since I'm going to Mexico over Memorial Day weekend, I decided to stick around the area and have a low-key break. And I'm SO glad I did!

On Friday night, I played Bunco with a bunch of fun ladies in the neighborhood. I love this game so much! And we live in a great neighborhood with the best neighbors--they are all so much fun! This Bunco gathering also had the most awesome theme ever---Pajama Night! Haha....LOVE it! :)

via


On Saturday, I went out to lunch with a friend and then got my nails done as a "Spring Break treat" to myself...(aka I was too lazy to do them myself) and then got some stuff done around the house. This shade of Essie (Coral Reef) is very similar to the shade I got on my toes---I love it!

via


I went to bed early on Saturday because on Sunday I ran in my second 5k---this one was part of the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile race that is held every year---we opted for the much easier to manage 5k! Next year, our goal is to train and be able to do the 10 mile race--eek!! 

Sadly, the race did not actually include getting to see any cherry blossoms, since they peaked early this year--bummer!  I'll write a longer post about my experience during the race soon, but I had a lot fun doing this with my friends!

via

On Monday, I babysat for a friend's toddler and that was quite an adventure! He is an adorable little boy who unfortunately was in the middle of getting his molars in (poor thing!), so he basically wanted to be held for most of the day, which was fine of course, but wow---my arms are so sore! I am not used to carrying a little one all day long, haha! 

During that babysitting job, I mastered the art of making oatmeal and easy mac one handed, which was something I did not actually know I could do--hey, you learn something new everyday! Haha! :) 


Today, the biggest decision I had to make was: a) watch Crazy, Stupid, Love or b) continue watching Season 2 of Downton Abbey. Hah! My friend who is also a teacher said she had to decide to either go shopping at Target or H &M...gotta love those tough spring break decisions. (And just in case you were wondering, Crazy, Stupid, Love won out and I loved it! I can't believe it took me so long to see it--so good!)


I'm definitely grateful I have this break to relax, rest, and prepare myself for the rest of the school year---the 4th quarter is always the busiest of the year!

1 comments:

poptartyogini said...

I hope you continue to enjoy every second of your break. It sounds like you're doing it right and making those tough decisions!

Post a Comment