Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Blog Challenge Day 1: Favorite Gift Received EVER


Starting today, I'm linking up with Neely and Amber for the Holiday Blog Challenge!

Today's topic: Favorite Gift Received EVER!

I have gotten many fabulous gifts throughout my life, but narrowing it down to just ONE favorite: My LiteBrite that I got when I was about 6 or 7 years old!

VIA


I can't exactly remember if I got this as a birthday or Christmas gift because I really can't remember when this wasn't a part of my life growing up, haha...

All I know is that I spent countless hours making pictures with those bright colored little pegs! My sisters and I loved creating cute pictures and designs..and writing each other messages on the LiteBrite. (Because I guess we didn't have paper or pencils??!? Haha...)
 

I SO regret telling my mom to give my LiteBrite away when I was a "I'm-too-cool-for-this" teenager.... :( But much to my surprise, they actually STILL make LiteBrites now! And I have to say, they are way cooler than the version I had---it comes with a flat screen now. What the heck?? That is awesome!
VIA


And speaking of LiteBrites -- imagine my surprise when I was at Old Navy on Black Friday at about 2am and saw a "retro" LiteBrite t-shirt!  I was thisclose to buying that shirt...so cute! Oddly enough, it is not available on Old Navy's website. I may be making another trip back to the store to get it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment