Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY T-Shirt Scarf

A few weeks ago, I saw this post on More from Meg about how to make a t-shirt fringe scarf and I thought it was absolutely adorable! I love anything crafty and do-it-yourself-ish, and this was about as simple of a project as I could imagine! (Except I didn't imagine it...I just copied it from someone more creative than me, haha!)


First step: Find an old t-shirt to say goodbye to as it's about to be cut up and refashioned! (Side note: I love Polo t-shirts and this color is sooo adorable, but sadly it shrunk in the wash--so I was glad I found a way to still use it!)





Second: Cut off the top part of the t-shirt. You will not need this part anymore!






Third: Cut small strips into both sides of the shirt all the way across the shirt. (I did have a little trouble keeping my cuts straight so there were a few I had to go back and trim a bit...)




 Fourth: Drape it over your neck like so and enjoy your super cute new scarf! 





Yep, it's basically one of the simplest DIY projects I've ever seen and it's sooo cute! Plus, it's recycling something old into a new and fun thing to wear. So it's kind of like I'm helping the planet stay healthy...one t-shirt scarf at a time, hahaha! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment