Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fun (and super easy!) hairstyle!

So you may have heard about this awesome new way of curling hair without having to use a curling iron. It has been hopping around Pinterest and the blog world and I absolutely love it!

Casey via Pinterest


Basically, you wash your hair and then let it air dry for a bit. You don't want to leave it too wet or it will still be damp in the morning, but you also want it to be a little wet so the curls will stick! My hair is really thick, so I use Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting to help maintain the curls.


Then you get a stretchy cloth headband--(I like the really thin ones that you often see girls wearing at the gym..). I found that a tight one works better on my hair. Then after parting your hair however you want it, you put the headband on and start twisting your hair around and then looping it through the headband. You do this again and again until all of your hair is twisted up. My hair is a little long so a few of the loops I have to pin with a bobby pin to keep it in place.

When I wake up in the morning, I take out the twists, soften some of the curls or add more of the curl product, (every single time) forget to take a picture of the results, and skip out the door to work with very little effort! :)

There is a video on It's Just Jess that I found is really helpful to see the process step-by-step. You can see that video here! And one of these days I will remember to take a picture! But it really does work! :)
 

3 comments:

poptartyogini said...

How cool is that. Too bad I have a pixie!!

Hilary @ Hilabeans said...

I've been wanting to try this! I just recently got my hair chopped off though so looks like I'll have to wait a few more months before I can. So this works good on your hair then? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to give this a try. My hair is shoulder length and has long layers. Fingers crossed this works. AND I already use curl sculpting stuff for when I wear my hair wavy. WIN! Thanks for the post and like your blog!

Post a Comment