Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Social: Food!!



Linking up with Neely and Ashley today for Sunday Social! :)



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmm, this is a tough one because I have many favorites but I would probably say pasta because I looooove pasta! Or pita chips. :)

What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Sugar cookies, Haagen-Daz Vanilla ice cream

What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
I just tried escargots (snails) for the very first time while I was in Paris and I became immediately addicted! Like as in, that's basically all I ordered (except for crepes) for the rest of the trip, haha! 


What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Well, there are many foods that I sadly have to avoid because of my many food allergies, but besides those, I go out of my way to avoid peppers. Ew. I don't even like being around them.


What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Pizza! When I was really little, I remember us making our own homemade pizzas (for some reason, it seemed to always be on Sunday nights) and yeahh, always fun. :) And yummy!

Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is exactly a "recipe", since it involves minimal cooking (my favorite kind, hah), but I love this homemade garlic bread and it's super simple. There is no fascinating story behind it except that I can't eat most pre-made garlic breads so my mom invented this way of making our own!. Yay Mom! :)

1.) Melt butter in the microwave (usually about 3 intervals of 10 seconds). 
2.) When the butter is melted, sprinkle in garlic flakes and stir.
3.) Using a kitchen brush or spoon, cover one side of a piece of bread or a dinner roll with the buttery garlic sauce.
4.) Toast in the toaster oven..(usually about 10 minutes on 350 degrees or you can also just put it on the toast setting too. Either works!)

 Can't get much more basic than that..oooh now I really want some garlic bread! Haha...

0 comments:

Post a Comment